Service Providers

Island Access and Commercial Work Information

Welcome to Kiawah! As a private island, there are specific hours to assess our gated community. Commercial work is permitted weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Commercial access is not permitted on Sundays and on select holidays. To access the island, a one-day or annual gate pass is required. Thank you for choosing to serve Kiawah Island!

Service Providers

Commercial Access Hours

Commercial Work Is Permitted:

Monday-Friday:  7am — 7pm
Saturday:  8am — 5pm
Commercial work is NOT permitted on Sundays and select holidays

2020 Commercial Closure Dates:

Thanksgiving – Nov. 26 and Nov. 27
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day – Dec. 24 and 25
New Years Day – Jan. 1, 2021

Gate Passes, Access Rates and Applications

Pass Office

Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday:  7am — 3:30pm
After hours: Proceed to the main gate for assistance

Service Providers

Permits & Licensing

KICA Encroachment permits are required for all interior and exterior home projects, such as new construction, additions, remodels and upgrades to electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems. Achitectural Review Board permits are required for all exterior home projects.

If you have never applied for a permit to work on Kiawah, call or visit the community association's Livability Office at Beachwalker Center to get started. If you have previously applied for a permit, you can make updates or request additional permits through our Citizen Serve Portal.

Business Licenses
To conduct business on Kiawah Island, a business license is required. The Town of Kiawah Island is responsible for business licenses. Visit the town Municipal Center at 4475 Betsy Kerrison Parkway, Kiawah Island for assistance.

Livability Office

Beachwalker Center
23 Beachwalker Drive, Kiawah Island
Monday - Friday:  7am — 3pm
843-725-5560   |   [email protected]

Island Employees

Employees of Kiawah Organizations

If you work for a Kiawah Island organization, like the Kiawah Island Golf Resort, contact your employer for gate access information. If you need a temporary gate pass, visit the Pass Office at Beachwalker Center.