From The Blog

Home Improvement Resources

Like the island itself, your Kiawah home is special. KICA and other island entities help you maintain your quality of life and peace of mind, with services and regulations to protect your property.

Home Services by KICA’s Maintenance Team

KICA’s maintenance department offers backflow testing and certification, discounted pine straw for sale, and mailbox repairs. For these services, log in to your member account and select “Request Services” to learn more and request these services.

Home Project Permits

KICA encroachment permits are required for most home projects (interior, exterior and landscape), such as new construction, additions, remodels and upgrades to electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems. There is no fee for an encroachment permit. Have your contractor contact KICA’s Livability Department at Beachwalker Center to obtain a permit. Architectural Review Board permits are required for home exterior and landscape improvements. Town of Kiawah Island permits are required for home remodeling or construction projects.

Landscaping Resources

Before performing grounds maintenance or view trimming, please review community guidelines for landscaping, and consider using native plants.