From The Blog
Consider Serving Your Community on the KICA Board
BOARD SERVICE | 2023 ELECTION | 1 OPEN SEAT: 3-YEAR TERM (2023-2026)
A community as vibrant and dynamic as Kiawah does not just happen. It is cultivated. It takes the involvement of community members and the collaboration of organizations like the community association, resort, town, conservancy, and developer to create and maintain this paradise. Dedicated stewards are the reason this community thrives.
The association’s board represents the interests of our diverse community, advocating on behalf of all members, and is charged with proactive leadership to uphold island property values. It takes a passion for Kiawah, dedication to hearing the diverse viewpoints of our membership, and creative critical thinking to find the common ground.
On Friday, Nov. 4, the Kiawah Island Community Association will open the application for community members to serve on the board of directors. In the new year, the community will vote to elect one fellow member to represent their interests in the annual election (voting open Jan. 16-Feb. 16, 2023) and the new board member will serve a three-year term beginning in March 2023.
Learn About Board Service
- Board Service Overview
- Watch Board Service Info Session Video
- Fair Campaign Pledge
- Who Does What on Kiawah
- Policy Governance Guidelines
- KICA Finances
- Strategic Plan
- Nov. 4: Board candidate applications open
- Nov. 22: Submission deadline for board candidate applications
- Nov. 30 – Dec. 2: Candidate availability to record video interviews and take headshot
- Jan. 16, 2023: Vote opens
- Feb. 16, 2023: Vote closes
- Feb. 17, 2023: Election results announced
- Feb. 27, 2023: Director-elect to attend board strategic planning retreat
- March 13, 2023: Director-elect to attend KICA board meeting
- March 17, 2023: Director-elect begins official service term (following the Annual Meeting)
Apply to Serve
APPLICATIONS OPEN: NOV. 4 | APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOV. 22
All candidates interested in participating in the 2023 election must complete the Intent to Run (form) and the Candidate Statement (form) by Nov. 22.