From The Blog
A Summer in Kiawah and Charleston – Fun for the Kids and the Whole Family
With 10 miles of beaches and plenty of pools to splash in, we all know Kiawah is a great playground for the whole family. There’s a lot to explore and get the kids involved in around Kiawah and the surrounding areas. Spend part of your summer crossing off those bucket list items together. To help get you started, check out this list of must-do activities for the kids:
- Youth Fitness Programming at The Sandcastle
- KICA launched four new small-group youth fitness programs at The Sandcastle. Beginning June 6 through the end of August, instructors will guide youth athletes through training classes designed just for them, including yoga (ages 6-8), sports conditioning (ages 9-12), sports performance (ages 13-15) and sports conditioning for injury prevention (ages 16-18).
- Kamp Kiawah:
- A traditional themed day camp for kids ages 3-7 years old. There’s also Camp Xtreme for 8- to 15-year-olds. Located at Night Heron Park, with a close proximity to the beach, this is the perfect camp to get the kids involved in for an adventurous Kiawah experience.
- Children’s Museum:
- The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry is open Thursday-Sunday to spark imagination and engage young children. Between the play spaces, kids’ garden, an art room, and the Boeing Brightlab, the Children’s Museum has something for every kid.
- Charleston County Waterparks:
- Fun for all ages, Charleston County Parks offers three waterparks, Whirlin’ Waters, Splash Zone, and Splash Island. Located on James Island and Mt. Pleasant for all your island-style splashing.
- South Carolina Aquarium:
- From the mountains to the ocean, see all the habitat’s that South Carolina has to offer. Experience thousands of native animals and plants at the South Carolina Aquarium.
- Charleston Riverdogs:
- Family trip to the ballpark, a.k.a “The Joe!” Friday night home games always end with a fantastic display of fireworks over the ballpark.
- Waterfront Music and Movies:
- Every Friday in August at the Memorial Waterfront Park in Mt. Pleasant, you and the family can enjoy a free movie with views of the Ravenel Bridge and Charleston Harbor. Live music and food vendors begin at 6 p.m. while the movie begins around sunset.
- Vincent Van Gogh Virtual Museum:
- The Vincent Van Gogh Virtual Museum has landed in Charleston for the summer, now through Sunday, Sept. 4. Experience every Van Gogh piece as they are freed from frames and come alive across multiple surfaces in this immersive experience.