Every November, the Kiawah Island Community Association releases its budget for the following year. The budget is the result of months of work, with each department adding both routine items and anticipated needs. This includes any significant capital requirement which impacts the association reserves. The tentative budget is reviewed by KICA’s member-comprised Finance Committee, and put before the board of directors for approval at the November meeting.
In January, Digest launched the first in a series of articles and surveys on the core services provided by KICA. While big projects such as the Sandcastle renovation are exciting, execution of a set of basic responsibilities is the backbone of the community. The purpose of this series is to inform, but also to gain broad-based feedback from our members via brief surveys.
As with the first two articles in the series about Security and Safety and Land and Lakes, KICA asks members to take a moment to answer a few questions regarding KICA’s Major Repairs and Maintenance.
The April 2018 Digest is Now Available Online!
In this issue, get details on exciting new enhancements coming to the Kiawah Island Golf Resort, including a new beachfront hotel, conference center, Cougar Point Clubhouse, and other additions. Also, get the latest on the Sandcastle renovations, hear from new KICA Chair Ben Cheatham, learn about Around Kiawah – a new way for members to connect with one another – and more.
In this issue:
– Cover Story: Resort Announces New Hotel, Additional Improvements
– Annual Meeting: New Directors Elected, Covenant Amendment Passes
– Message From New Board Chair Ben Cheatham
– Exciting Progress on The Sandcastle Beach Experience
– April and May Community Events
– Ernst and Young Gifts $20,000 to KCF to Support Students
– Kiawah Cares Wants to Know What You Think
– Learn From the Experts at the Landscape Symposium and Plant Sale
– KICA Launches Around Kiawah, A New Way for Members to Connect